The Ten Commandents (also known as The Ten Commandments by the grammatically correct) are a set of rules the Clans have to follow, similar to The Warrior Code. They were given to Gleamstar by Bluestar the first time she died.
They are as followed:
- Thou shalt not believe in other GoIncesters,
- Don't make any pictures of anything and worship them. If you do, I will punish you and ur grandkits,
- Don't say StarClan in vain,
- Work for six days and worship me on one,
- Respect your Mom and Dad,
- Don't kill otters unless in battle,
- Don't be unfateful to your mate,
- Don't steal things from the other Clans,
- Don't lie about your neighbor,
- Don't be jealous of your neighbor,
- No being gay!
- The author probably got inspiration for The Ten Commandents from the Bible Story: The Ten Commandments.
- In Chapter 19, after Blackstar commits swisscide (suicide) GleamStar says it is a sin, although it isn't mentioned in The Ten Commandents that committing suicide is a sin.
- Commandent #6 says that it's a sin to kill otters unless in battle, but it's likely it meant to say 'others unless in battle'
- It says that there are ten Commandents, yet there is actually eleven.
- The last Commandents says no being gay, however later in the book, she explicitly states "But being gay isn't a sin anymore!" and mates to Jazzstar. This is either her being very hypocritical, or changing the Commandents to better meet her prejudice, or rather overcoming her prejudice.